NOTICE FOR PUBLIC VIEW
(click to view Public Notice)
Posted June 9, 2023
The KHRA Board of Commissioners passed on June 8, 2023 request to open the HCV waiting list.
In accordance with KHRA’s Administrative Plan, a request to open the Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List to all applicants beginning June 23, 2023, has been approved. Below is from the KHRA Administrative Plan for the Housing Choice Voucher program.
4-II.C. OPENING AND CLOSING THE WAITING LIST [24 CFR 982.206]
Reopening the Waiting List
If the waiting list has been closed, it cannot be reopened until the PHA publishes a notice in local newspapers of general circulation, minority media, and other suitable media outlets. The notice must comply with HUD fair housing requirements and must specify who may apply, and where and when applications will be received.
The PHA will announce the reopening of the waiting list at least 10 business days prior to the date applications will first be accepted. If the list is only being reopened for certain categories of families, this information will be contained in the notice. The PHA will give public notice by publishing the relevant information in suitable media outlets including, but not limited to:
- KHRA bulletin board, DHS & Upper East Tennessee Human Development Agency-Sullivan County
- Kingsport Times News-Sullivan County
- WMCT Radio-Willis Walker-Johnson County
- The Erwin Record-Unicoi County
- Johnson City Press-Washington County
- Department of Human Services-(DHS)-Unicoi County, Hawkins County
- Rogersville Review-Hawkins County
Last modified: August 25, 2023