The affordable housing and HCV Homeownership programs provide credit counseling, homebuyer education, and offer potential access to financial incentives, such as down payment and closing cost assistance, FSS escrow, HCV housing assistance payments, and low-interest loans.
To access the Affordable housing or Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Programs eligible participants must:
- Participate in one of KHRA’s housing programs for a minimum of one year and be in good standing with the current housing program.
- If applicable, the participant must be currently enrolled in or successfully graduated from the Family Self Sufficiency Program.
- If employed, participant’s annual income must be equal to or greater than the federal minimum hourly wage multiplied by 2,000 hours. ($14,500)
- Participant must have one year of continuous full time (average of 30 hours per week) employment.
- If disabled, the qualified annual income of the adult family members who will own the home must not be less than the monthly Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit for an individual living alone ($674) multiplied by 12. ($8,088)
- Participant must provide a $500 down-payment of toward the purchase of the home.
- Must attend required Homebuyer Training Course.
- Must be a first-time homebuyer.
For more information about any of these Homeownership Programs, please contact Hope Caruthers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-392-2545.