HCV Waiting List Closed (effective 1/1/17)
Closing of the Housing Choice Voucher Program Waiting List
Effective January 1, 2017
In Section 4-II.C. OPENING AND CLOSING THE WAITING LIST [24 CFR 982.206], our Administrative Plan states:
“The PHA will close the waiting list when the estimated waiting period for housing assistance for applicants on the list reaches 24 months for the most current applicants. Where the PHA has particular preferences or funding criteria that require a specific category of family, the PHA may elect to continue to accept applications from these applicants while closing the waiting list to others.”
Currently, the KHRA tenant based HCV waiting list has reached 24 months. Therefore the tenant-based HCV waiting list to general applicants will be closed effective January 1, 2017. Applicants that qualify for an approved preference will continue to be accepted. Approved preferences are:
- Involuntarily displaced families – household(s) impacted by natural disaster/fire, flood, tornado etc., which occurred no more than six (6) months from the date of certification
- Victims of domestic violence: individual(s) that have been subjected to or victimized by a member of the family or household within the past six (6) months
- Elderly/Disabled/Veterans: household(s) 62 years or older, meet HUD definition of disability, or veteran with DD214 release from activity duty under honorable conditions.
- Substandard/Homeless preference: household(s) residing in a sub-standard housing that lacks functioning plumbing, heating or electrical systems, and/or which is structurally unsound, or is in imminent danger of collapse or meet HUD definition of homelessness
- Homeownership: household(s) eligible for the HCV Homeownership program
KHRA will continue to accept applications for the Public Housing, Project Based Vouchers and other special programs (Shelter Plus Care, Supportive Housing Program and HOPWA).